fashion tip #2

well after the last fashion tip, wherein moocow demonstrated his fashionableness, particleman demonstrated his shunning of mom-purchased clothes, fritzie complained that there weren't enough suits with flat front trousers, cherz talked about...well, go see for yourself, (and we all giggled) ivar called p-man a geek, p-man kissed forkie's patootie, and erik proclaimed himself the king of fashion (golly, that was a busy post!)- it's time for a tip for the ladies

NO GAUCHO PANTS.

they're ugly as sin.

(thanks for reminding me just how much i hate them so i could have this post, si!)

update: since not everyone knows what the gaucho pants are, there's a picture here. there were many choices i had for examples, but i found myself getting distracted (and wracked by self-loathing) by the fleeting shots of pretty girlbellies so i went with the dowdiest ones i could find.

9 comments:

Anonymous Monday, November 07, 2005 7:24:00 pm  

you're welcome. any time that i can remind you of a bad fashion idea that's come back around (because unfortunately i can probably remember it from the first time), i'll do it!

jay are Monday, November 07, 2005 11:23:00 pm  

so no flat front trousers. no gauchos. no $900 purses...geez. what's left? harewvq?

MooCow Monday, November 07, 2005 11:29:00 pm  

What what the hell is a gaucho?

Though I can say with almost near certainty that I like them better than ponchos. Unless you wear gauchos with ponchos, in which case that seems a few too many "os" to be wearing at one time.

Um...uh...okay there's nothing I can do with duakhcb

jay are Tuesday, November 08, 2005 12:24:00 am  

laughing at all the "os". Maybe you have to come from Mexico for it all to come together. google it and you'll get an eyeful of this fashion phenomenon. It's not quite as amazing as ietxahzk but it's close.

Anonymous Tuesday, November 08, 2005 10:58:00 am  

I had a pair of culottes in junior high - I never wore gauchos. In some respects, they were the predecessors of skorts. Pity the poor stick girls who have to wear gauchos while hundreds of people watch them walk - how humiliating is that?

Chris Cope Tuesday, November 08, 2005 11:30:00 am  

Gaucho pants make me think of tube tops -- easily the dumbest, most white-trash look possible. Ooh, except for suede tracksuits; pink or light-blue suede track suits. I hate those things. HATE.

Every time I see some dumb slag in a pink suede track suit, replete with Tammy Wynette-style sequins in the mall I just want to kick her.

jay are Tuesday, November 08, 2005 11:59:00 am  

they are a bit on zleoz side for sure.
I just keep cracking up at the picture of Chris going up and giving a swift kick to some poor unsuspecting girl in a pink suede (velour?) track suit. Glad it won't be me since I wouldn't be caught dead in one (and would look highly ridiculous besides).

Chris Cope Tuesday, November 08, 2005 3:30:00 pm  

Yes. Velour is what I meant to say. Although, if I saw someone in a suede tracksuit I'd probably kick them even harder.

heatherfeather Tuesday, November 08, 2005 4:51:00 pm  

i will hold them still while you kick them, chris.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons