cough, cough, sniffle.

i'm siiiiiiiiiick...

or as my dad used to say in his silly accent made sillier by whining, "honey, i don' feel goooooood."

the baby upon whom i sit made me sick. nothing terminal, just a really annoying cold that is making me sneeze WAY more than normal and making me wish i had purchased stock in kimberly-clark. while i get the migraines and have the bad allergies, i usually don't catch bugs (maybe a cold every 3-4 years... however i had a nasty bout of bronchitis summer of last year).

there's a chance that my immune system is somewhat weakened by stress lately.

since it's bad form to blame a somewhat medically fragile baby for making me sick, i decided yesterday that it's erik's fault. even though he's in california, he warned me against drinking to excess on saturday night - which i heeded. however, he did NOT warn me about having a good, healthy immune system last week.

so it's totally his fault. and i told him so, too.

in other news, this is funny.

in other, other news, i have 39 pages of papers left to write and one nine (9!!) hour final until i can be finished with this quarter forever.

5 comments:

particleman Monday, November 07, 2005 10:53:00 am  

colds suck. drink oj. or crown. your call.

nmvnypq?

heatherfeather Monday, November 07, 2005 10:57:00 am  

maybe a little bit of both? because i can't really taste stuff now, so i wouldn't notice how nasty oj and whisky are together...

it's almost p-man lung goo season again!

don't forget to take your yxnbsuog.

Yaymee Monday, November 07, 2005 1:42:00 pm  

Want me to stop by with some chicken soup (store-bought, not homemade, sorry) tonight? It helped me get over that last cold!

Ps - is the nine hour final counted in the pages left to write? We should have a race to the 0 mark. I think I need some inspiration/motivation. Nothing works better for me than some good ol' fashioned competition!

Anonymous Monday, November 07, 2005 7:37:00 pm  

sorry that you're sick (i've always wondered about the heart-stopping sneezes too -- should have been dead a long time ago).

i agree, it should be erik's fault.

good luck with your papers/*9-hour* final. blogging probably helps, right?

skmivpof: a fat-free, 80% proof, iv drip?? just may be your cure!

particleman Monday, November 07, 2005 9:49:00 pm  

yay for lung goo!! hacking up gobs of it should be an olympic sport.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons