stupid thomas jefferson

well, not so much. but there's this book that mentions jefferson's dialogues between his head and his heart. i've never read them. but an allusion in a novel is good enough for me. 'cause we're all about fact-checking chez caribou.

i am SUCH a pragmatist. i would absolutely be an economist if i had the training. it's very rarely that i lead with my heart.

i've been in a situation where my head took control. the other element of the situation kept saying, "heather, you're so practical." until i eventually wore down and let the heart take the lead. but my head is still there (whew! i'd look funny without it) and its really valid issues are still weighing on me.

and i just need to find some sort of balance between the two. because living in one or the other is no good.

editor's note: as chris pointed out, this post makes no sense. unfortunately, it makes no sense to me. neither in my brain, my information processing centers, or on this blog. them's the breaks.

6 comments:

Chris Cope Monday, November 28, 2005 11:31:00 pm  

I have no idea what you are talking about. Fortuanately, I am male -- my penis always leads.

heatherfeather Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:01:00 am  

i have no idea what i'm talking about either.

chances are good that it's a boy, though.

MooCow Tuesday, November 29, 2005 12:18:00 am  

You = weird.

I mean not that that's a shock to anyone, but just felt like pointing it out again.

(stupid bad word verifications)

heatherfeather Tuesday, November 29, 2005 1:08:00 am  

moo, not to trod ground that has been trodden before, but

dear pot,

black as the blackest night are you.

with greatest esteem,
kettle

Anonymous Tuesday, November 29, 2005 8:24:00 am  

most people keep their brains between their legs.

heatherfeather Tuesday, November 29, 2005 11:32:00 am  

this is true.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons