things that will always make me think of my dad, part 1

when i was little i HATED corduroy. in fact when i was about 2, i told my mom, "i just don't think i look good in it." i do remember saying it and HATING corduroy. i thought perhaps this argument my mother would find irrefutable. when i was about 15 i bought a pair of corduroy pants for the first time in, oh, 13 years or so. and i put them on and my dad got really excited.

he was glad that i liked corduroy finally because he loved it. when he was little his family had NO money, so when they were able to afford to buy him a pair of corduroy pants, he was so excited to have something that nice to wear. he always felt so dressed up when he heard the fabled "zzzzzzzip zzzzzzzzzip zzzzzzzzip" sounds it made when he walked.

today, i'm wearing a pair of zzzzzzzipping corduroy, and it makes me so happy.

1 comments:

jay are Saturday, November 12, 2005 9:08:00 pm  

that was such a sweet picture of your pa.

sometimes it's those simple things, zzzzzipping of the corduroy, that can make the day seem lighter.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons