sorta in the zone

here's the story about the 9 hour final - answer two questions of 9 within 9 hours totaling 10-12 pages.

i've answered one in 2 hours - clocking in at 4 pages. may refinish it later because it's a teeny bit short, but i've known people who did two 4 page responses and did fine. i don't even care about doing fine, i just want to pass the class so i never have to think of this again.

i have chosen the second question, and feel relatively good about being able to answer it.

i'm taking a cognitive break here at the starbucks (okay, i'm doing the paper at the starbucks because i don't usually get internet connections here to distract me because of the whole t-mobile hot spot costing money - thpbllllll to that, by the way) updating the blogorino, moisturizing my hands (colorado's really dry, and it's hard to get a decent cup of coffee here thanks to the altitude) and playing some spider solitaire. i have until 8:45 tonight to finish this exam. with the help of the good lord and a stick (don't ask), i will be home by 5 tonight.

so i'm listening to my "in the zone" songs because they make me energetic and i type insanely fast and accurately when listening to them. i listen to these three on repeat. they're just SO cheesy that it makes me embarassed to tell you what they are. but i loves youse guys so here they are:

  • "eye of the tiger" - survivor
  • "sabotage" - beastie boys
  • "come on eileen" dexy's midnight runners

i'm taking 5 more minutes of break.

5 comments:

Steve Sunday, November 20, 2005 4:18:00 pm  

Before I play in any tournament, I always listen to "You Really Got Me," by Van Halen, "Cannonball" by the Breeders, and "I'm an A%%hole" by Dennis Leary.

heatherfeather Sunday, November 20, 2005 4:27:00 pm  

ooooh... now i wish i had "cannonball" by the breeders - thanks steve, for helping me focus on what i DON'T have. :)

what kind of tournament?

jay are Sunday, November 20, 2005 6:16:00 pm  

you're almost done you're almost done you're almost done. I'm doing a chant for you. Here's hoping that you're hard at work and not taking a npsjz.
Also, I think my email address is on my profile. I'd love to hear more about music therapy. Maybe you could use some right now? I know a good music therapist. I just don't know exactly what she does.

Steve Sunday, November 20, 2005 9:30:00 pm  

Chess Tournaments. And Volleyball and softball from back in my Air Force/NSA days.

Admit it, you aren't surprised I play chess tournaments, and you're not surprised I play pump-me-up music to get ready.

'Cuz I'm a bdkrldl

heatherfeather Sunday, November 20, 2005 9:33:00 pm  

i said nothing of the sort.

and i knit. the two of us aren't the epitome of too cool for... um, anything.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons