all them tremendous brunettes around

true to form, i had a rough week, and decided i needed a change. since i'm a starvin' student, it had to be a change of the $10 variety.

hence, a box of feria in midnight ruby seemed to be in order. oddly enough, my idea of a change was dyeing my hair as close to its natural color as possible. but that's somewhat because it's winter and i'm pale (well, pale for me, anyway) and when i'm light, i like my hair dark.

that's why i like my current profile picture, actually.

and also for a change, i went outside to take pictures. because it's goregeous today. it's january 15 and i am wearing a tank top outside and it's 58 degrees. it's been a WEIRD winter. you can also see that it's severe clear today - there are some puffy clouds, but the UV index is blinding. you can see this by the wrinkles on my forehead.

the "trying not to look directly at the sun shot"

midnight ruby 001

and i like the light in this picture. i don't like how much i didn't notice i needed chapstick and the sleep deprived bags under my eyes.
midnight ruby 003

there you go.

for the previous installments of this series, go here and here.

what's interesting to no one but me, in most likelihood, is that outside it looks dark brown. inside it looks nearly black. but i'm willing to doubt no one will be able to make that distinction but me. my hair is nearly black, but not quite. and a lot of grey lately, but the dye took care of that...

2 comments:

particleman Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:27:00 pm  

sometimes i want to dye my hair blue just to freak everyone out at school.

heatherfeather Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:47:00 pm  

thomas - yours.

particleman - DO IT! DO IT! one of my least favorite questions is "what colour would you dye your hair if you could dye it any colour?" because the answer is, duh, i CAN dye it any color - the question is will i?

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons