ugh...

Short day at work...mercifully. It's a sinus headache atop a migraine atop about 300 pages of reading for tonight's class that I didn't have time to do because I was busy finishing my book report for my class tonight. I don't think I'll get much of it done in this state however. Not the state of Colorado, but state of dueling headaches. And because I have a migraine in the mix, the computer screen is tricky to focus on, AND I have a hard time looking at men (in conversation, not man-hunting) wearing pinstripes, striped shirts, ties, suspenders, etc. because of my visual auras.

Dismiss Grumpy McStinky.

The thing I love about Denver in the winter: snow melts. Yesterday's horrible, wet, slurpy snow that caused SUCH havoc in the morning had mostly melted by the afternoon, and black ice was pretty much limited to side streets last night. And what with my proclivity for falling down what made last night really nice was that I DIDN'T FALL ON THE ICE!!! (I've fallen 4 times rather hard and humiliatingly in the past 2 weeks)

And yesterday I went to the food tasting for the dinner party I'm planning and throwing for work. Which meant I got a $60 dinner for lunch yesterday for free. Wanna know what it was?

Appetizers:

  • Petite Chile Relleno with Tomatillo Salsa
  • Cold Tomato and Smoked Mozzarella Bruschetta
    Presented on a grilled Parmesan Crostini
  • Petite Colorado Lamb Chops with Tarragon Aioli
  • Brie en Bouche with Toasted Almond and Raspberry Sauce

Salad:

  • Classic Caesar Salad

Entree:

  • Entrée
    Tenderloin and Portobello Stack
    Tenderloin rubbed with fresh thyme resting atop a thick marinated Portobello mushroom
    Resting in Creamy Polenta
    Made with Marscapone Cheese and Truffle Oil
  • topped with Shrimp Scampi
    Delicately sautéed rock shrimp with fresh roma tomatoes, chopped garlic, fresh basil, Italian parsley and green onions and white wine infused cream sauce. Presented spilling over your entrée
  • Haricots Verts with Julienne Red Pepper and almonds in shallot butter

Dessert:

  • Chocolate Espresso Torte Cake
    Rich, Flourless cake presented on a painted plate
    With seasonal fresh berries

It was PHENOMENAL. And I'll get to have it again in 2 weeks at the dinner itself.

0 comments:

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons