strangeness...

Saturday? Nooooo, the story starts on Friday night.

Friday night, I went to the Crazy Asian Cafe (with Crazy Mara, no less) then to Starbucks to study. Then, we went to Crazy Mara's to hang out with Amy K, Timmy, and Timmy's friend Hollis from Chicago. All in all we had goodfuntimes - and I slept until 1:30 this afternoon.

When I awoke I was ravenous. So I called Pei Lo Mein and we went to Bennigan's for lunch. Whilst at Bennigan's, Timmy called. Since I was eating I didn't answer, and decided to call him later. But he LEFT A MESSAGE - Timmy does not leave messages. So I called him and PLM, Timmy, and Chicago Hollis and I wound up going to the National Western Stock Show. We looked at cattle (cows, calves, and bulls). Tim declared he wanted to buy a cow to keep in his living room. We saw a calf auction - who decides why one is worth $5500 and another is worth $8000? - but Timmy refrained. Juylnn texted me and said - "oooooh! that one looks delicious!" It was complete with the auctioneers you hear on TV and in movies, real life cowboys, cowgirls, and cowkids. We ate a terrrrrible dinner at the Stockyard Inn and decided not to stick around the stockyards for 3 hours to catch a rodeo.

Then we went to Timmy's, where we met up with Timmy's other friend Brett from western Colorado. And that's where it all went downhill. By and large it was okay, but Mara was coming over, and I could tell that they wouldn't meld. He kept on making rude comments about how long it was taking her to get there, and it wasn't convenient for him, blah blah blah...I'm a REALLY patient and tolerant person, but Mara, in some ways enviably, doesn't put up with a whole lot. But she got there, and we all left. I was going to drop some people off at a Dodgeball party (somehow, there's a dodgeball team in the Graduate School for International Studies. I'm unclear as to whom they will play), maybe visit a little, and then go home. So Timmy asked me to stop at a store to buy some beer to bring with them.

And we got back on the road and BRETT OPENED THE BEER.

And I got all of the "I can't believe you're so uptight that you won't let me drink this in the car, blah blah blah blah." And I nearly kicked him out of the car not once, but TWICE. I am 27 years old, and people are still trying that, "you're not cool enough to let me do this?" crap?! Now, some people might not care that I have a SPOTLESS criminal and driving record, and need to keep it that way for probably the rest of my life to do what I want to do. But it REALLY matters to me. I'm not spending all this money on grad school to get a job in a car wash. So eventually, we got rid of the open container, and I kept following Pei Lo Mein to this house where the party was. Annoyed, but dealing, we kept on our way. She went WAY past where the street at which we should have turned, so I called her to tell her she passed it.

And HE BEGAN YELLING AT ME THAT IT WAS WARPED TO THINK USING A PHONE WAS FINE WHILE DRIVING BUT NOT LETTING HIS PASSENGER DRINK WASN'T.

At which point I pulled the car over, turned around and told him to get out of my car. (I might not have said it that nicely) Timmy stepped in, defused the situation, we were almost there, we kept going, we parked, we all walked in, and I said hi, then I told everyone that I was going home.

Now I'm REALLY annoyed, I have a migraine, and I just want to go to bed. So goodnight.

0 comments:

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons