Flashing back 15 years

I got a new 80 gb external hard drive, so as to fill up my iPod... Although at 1300+ songs, I'm at about 23 gb, and I know that Freddie has around 6,000 on her 40gb, so I guess I listen to big songs? Anyhow, I've been getting into filling the 'Pod with older stuff I don't listen to the most anymore. And the group I learned I've been missing?

Oingo Boingo.

Which brings me back to Oceanside, CA, having a conversation with Freddie in 1990 saying I didn't like them because they were too loud. (I even remember precisely where we were when I uttered those fateful words.) One of many cases of me eating my words later. But in particular, the Boingo Alive album has been groovin' on in my daily drives to work, to school, to fun places.

Unrelated note:

The snow today BLOWS! It's the wet mushy stuff that my rear-wheel drive car without ABS loathes. Getting to work involved a lot of fishtailing, not cresting hills from a complete stop, and sliding through red lights into intersections even though I started to brake 1,000 car lengths from the line.

Update: I fixed the bad link to Freddie's page.


1 comments:

Canopenner Thursday, January 13, 2005 1:59:00 pm  

its soooo cold here

-15 is our high for 2morrow.

Gimme slush anyday.

Oingo Boingo is no Chumbawumba.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons