I'm tired of not enjoying my weekends

Well, I enjoyed some of it... I think, because there are moments that I just don't remember (not because of anything I did to not make me remember, but because I can't find them in the crappy things that happened in my memory)

Friday I worked. Friday night???

Saturday, LONG Russian class in a classroom that was too hot. Then a trip to the vet for Ernie's vaccinations and to check out that little lump on his right front leg that started out the size of a pea, but is now about lima bean sized. Well to biopsy and to remove it are the same thing at this point because of the size. It's any number of things from fatty deposit, nerve sheath tumor, to cancer. (Yeah, laugh at me for having pet health insurance NOW why don't you?) Although the insurance will cover a good portion of it and I purchased the double cancer benefits when I first got the policy 5 years ago, I do have to pay up front and wait for the insurance to reimburse part of it later. And it'll be around $550 up front from the full-time student who works full time JUST to cover rent. Saturday night, went to a school social and was witness to much intoxicated drama, shouting and tears from one of my best friends.

Sunday, I started running a fever with chills and hot spells, cough and sore throat. Bought a dress that I don't love for the work party I've been planning (don't love it, but I could afford it and didn't feel well enough to keep looking), studied at a coffee house and saw Sideways. It started at 930 which was late since I didn't feel well but I really wanted to see it. And it was the LONGEST, SLOWEST movie since anything by Oliver Stone. It had really funny moments, and one scene was directed pretty well, but did not like the cinematography or the writing. There were points where I thought that "METAPHOR" should have been flashing across the screen because they were so blatant and so awkward. So I went home and fell in bed and slept straight through to my alarm (Thanks to Ernie who decided NOT to wake me up at 2 for a little jaunt to the facilities).

Now I'm slightly grumpy because of all that.

WAIT! I went for a good Italian dinner at Lechuga's on Friday night with Timmy because I just found out that I live in Little Italy! It was good but not stellar (and I think my manicotti's better) but they have REALLY inexpensive food and beer. Then I knitted some and went to bed early... Friday was good! Yay!

0 comments:

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons