Today

Today is the first day of the Winter Quarter. Have I really had 6 weeks off? The thing that I DON'T necessarily look forward to is how little I like my job when school's in session. It just reminds me of the cool jobs I have coming and how the one I'm doing is NOTHING like that. Anyhow... This quarter I'm taking (I may have posted a class list before, but I've changed it 30 million times since November 1, and only one of the classes I've originally signed up for is the same): Strategic Intelligence Data Collection and Analysis, Defense Analysis Methods, Russian, and International Terrorism. I'm taking ALL security classes, and NOT taking International Political Theory (yay!) because silly me, I didn't read course requirements closely enough and instead of Theory I can take International Political Economics. While IPE doesn't sound fun per se, I understand economics and doesn't make me feel moronic, tuned-out, and vapid like theory does.

Here comes the big question: will my knitting suffer again once I'm in school? Now that Michellie's poncho reached the halfway mark (no small feat for something that is so far 2.5 feet x 2 feet...), I'd really like to finish it before the heat of Southern California will render the woollen, warm, tightly knit, nearly windproof creation obsolete until December 2005...

If wishes were horses, I suppose...

Strategic Intelligence this afternoon.

2 comments:

particleman Tuesday, January 04, 2005 12:57:00 pm  

could we possibly trade courses? i'll give you Contracts, you can give me any of the classes you're taking. i'm not picky.

heatherfeather Tuesday, January 04, 2005 1:17:00 pm  

Eh... Contracts? maybe I'll trade it for International Political Economics... but I'm not taking that this quarter... Sorry!

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons