Dude, save some for the fish!

Ah... drinking fountain jokes... I never get to use those anymore.

Anyhow, here is some catch up from yesterday and topics I've neglected to discuss:

  • Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind... Ah.... What an amazing movie. I like it when movies move in somewhat non-linear fashions because it makes it just that much more challenging watch, and also understand (not that brainless cheese doesn't have its good points, too)... And on the dvd, (which in my head is always referred to as "David, hold the vowels") the Lacuna commercial is great....
  • Harry Potter...Azkaban: After months and months of Harry Potter and Hogwarts following me wherever I went, I finally saw it. And it is indeed better than the first (never saw the second - I was annoyed by the first's use of the novel as a script and the TERRIBLE cgi) and I think the change in director was WELCOME! But it really felt like a Tim Burton movie. I thought it was just because of the Danny Elfman-esque score (nope, it was John Williams), but all of the scenes where the camera pushed through the clocks, etc. were really reminiscent of Edward Scissorhands. It was really good, but not the best movie ever, though.
  • Totally in the mood to watch Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead with Tim Roth and Gary Oldman... which comes out on DVD in March! This is probably seriously interrelated to the addition of "Alice's Restaurant" to my iTunes/iPod. See if you can make THAT connection!
  • Which is also related to my annoyance with myself for remembering someone's birthday and my desire to send this person a gift even though they've been an AWFUL friend. Worry not, I have people preventing this from happening.
  • I went home from work early yesterday with the nauseous migraine complete with photophobia, visual auras, and hyperacusis and took my last ditch effort (pill form)with my last ditch beverage went to sleep for 2 hours, got up for my 6 pm class, and went to school a little bit high on migraine meds. Today I'm still hung over from the meds and the migraine remnants.
  • And for those of you who click links and may have been startled by one of the headlines of the articles linked in the last bullet point, yes indeedy, women who suffer migraines with auras are 10 times as likely to suffer a stroke to those who suffer migraines without auras.
  • In the pregnant blog world right now, there's a lot of talk about what not to say to people who are infertile, have suffered a miscarriage, a late-term miscarriage, or recently lost a child. While this is not as much related to pregnancy, I'll never forget being 13 years old, sitting in the doctor's office with my 4th migraine in a month, and having him tell me,

    "If nothing else, the migraines should stop when you hit menopause."

2 comments:

Canopenner Friday, January 14, 2005 2:43:00 pm  

#1 best migrane cure

Cocaine.

heatherfeather Friday, January 14, 2005 3:57:00 pm  

Alas... however for those of us trying to be employed by a large federal agency, illegal substances will never be an option...

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons