misunderstand me. hey, miss, understand me!

this is ernie. he's six, weighs 69.8 lbs, is 1/2 australian shepherd, and most likely 1/2 boxer-y mutt (something that can leap tall fences in a single bound, anyway).

erniesnout 002

lately, i'm worried that ernestine might feel old. see, he usually sleeps on my bed, with me, keeping me toasty. he has since may 2001 when we moved to maine. before that, i had an apartment with a loft bedroom accessible only by ladder. before that i pretended i was hardcore and didn't want him sleeping with me in bed.

but he's been sleeping in his own little doggy bed the past few weeks - i hope he's not getting creaky and tired in the joints...

ernie's bed

(by the way, that's my backup bedspread on my bed since my other one got sauce on it from eating sushi on the sofa on a cold afternoon)

7 comments:

littlegoat Wednesday, March 15, 2006 3:44:00 pm  

Hey, I think I know that bedspread!

heatherfeather Wednesday, March 15, 2006 5:24:00 pm  

actually you do. i bought it right after we moved into the house on st. charles. i have a picture of you and clide passed out on it with my gay pink bull and my sheep, and david playing my guitar.

littlegoat Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:12:00 pm  

I heart gay pink bull ass.

heatherfeather Wednesday, March 15, 2006 6:48:00 pm  

really, who doesn't?

Ashley Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:02:00 pm  

your dogs are absolutely precious.

Crystal Thursday, March 16, 2006 4:29:00 pm  

maybe he wants you to sleep in his bed with him.

heatherfeather Thursday, March 16, 2006 8:09:00 pm  

ashley - i only have one ernie!! :)

crystal - nope. too hairy in his bed.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons