lilacs in bloom



i don't pay a lot of attention to flora.

i don't like gardening, i don't like owning plants. all of this comes from my repulsion to touching dirt.

but this morning i finally realized that the backyard has smelled so good for the past week or so because the lilac bushes bloomed.

today was bizarro because i was sick of the yard looking ugly, so i weeded.

until one of the seed pods from the morning glory monster weed ate my hands and made me bleed.

then i decided i was done communing with nature. nature, however is not done with me, and i still have one of the spines in my finger. 3 nurses and a hypodermic needle* couldn't get it out.

*this was at easter dinner where there were 3 nurses present - i didn't go to the ER for a splinter

5 comments:

jay are Monday, April 17, 2006 12:10:00 am  

LILACS!!!! My favorite flower. They even smell purple. I grew up with lilacs in my yard and I don't know if it's a combination of nostalgia and fragrance, but they're irresistable.

Anonymous Monday, April 17, 2006 9:12:00 am  

uhm, you spent easter with 3 nurses? just in case of injury?

heatherfeather Monday, April 17, 2006 2:17:00 pm  

my aunt and 2 of her nurse friends helped me celebrate easter.

and in case of injury.

inseattle Monday, April 17, 2006 2:19:00 pm  

what does purple smell like?
hahaha, heatherfeather doesn't like dirt. what a gurl!

heatherfeather Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:28:00 am  

ami- not so much gurly as crazy.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons