judas iscariot is kicking up seashells and he's cursing

so, this might not be the most appropriate post title on easter, but so it goes.

it's from "judas" by antje duvekot (links later - i'm a little pressed for time), the song that actually attempts to put one of the most reviled characters in christian history, not in a favorable light, but a more human one. i've lately been thinking about the christian adage, "love the sinner, hate the sin" and wondering why it doesn't apply to judas. because he was just a man. a man who made some crappy choices, and killed himself. a man reeking of sin, but human nonetheless. besides, without him, we wouldn't be having easter. anyhow.

in an ongoing attempt to avoid doing schoolwork, i dyed my hair red. again. and judas was reported to be a redhead. and i have been known to make crappy choices. but i digress from the topic at hand: my hair.

this time i tried feria power red in ruby rush. i bought it because the box looked like this:

redhead 001

and it said this:
redhead 002
darkest hair? that's me!!

but i don't know that it's all that different. i decided against buying the 100% color in copper because i was scared by the after pictures on the box on darkest hair.

(click any of the thumbnails for bigger)
redhead 003 redhead 004
redhead 005 redhead 006

what do you think? red? not so much? by the way, it's curled and i'm wearing makeup because i'm going to my aunt's house for easter dinner with pei lo mein.

and for those of you who think i don't smile in self-portraits (i rarely do, to be fair), here's one where i almost smile.
redhead 008

6 comments:

inseattle Sunday, April 16, 2006 7:49:00 pm  

purrrrrty

jay are Monday, April 17, 2006 12:08:00 am  

I love the color, and that's a great picture of you by the way. Smiling is good. :)

Monstee Monday, April 17, 2006 5:19:00 am  

It look red to me. That am VERY nice picture!

You never going to let me forget why me worship you from afar, am you?

You am SO adorable.

littlegoat Monday, April 17, 2006 8:05:00 am  

I think it looks much more red than I've seen it before. I know you have ahard time getting any dye to show on your dark hair. Remember when we tried to bleach it? That was such a disaster.

Remember when you and clide cut my hair? You're good at that.

heatherfeather Monday, April 17, 2006 2:18:00 pm  

thank you thank you...

he he he... the bleach incident WAS a disaster... i was afraid that you'd think clide and i cut it too short, which is why i made you cut it initially yourself to the length you wanted... :)

Hello, It's Louise. Monday, April 17, 2006 8:39:00 pm  

oooh! I like it.... I'm doing mine tonight in "starlet" the blondest of blonde. Gotta be frashly peroxided for my foray to La La Land.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons