lo! what interestingness was had (boy, howdy a lot of pictures!)

(i'm having trouble uploading to flickr - and flickr never fails me. the world must be ending. if the world's still here tomorrow, i'll post pictures)

today i had dim sum with fritzie and pei we and looked at silly things at the asian market. while eating dim sum, the servers kept marking our bingo card. i think we won!



and pei gave me a 12 pack of izze for my birthday since i love it.
sadly, when i was walking down the stairs to my apartment, i dropped the box, and broke 4 of them. my hands started bleeding from the broken glass and my vestibule smells like pomegranate juice and i think the ants will move in overnight.
izze survivors
the survivors

the inimitable fredlet and her family (the semaphoria-forkbeards?) sent me a cafepress knitty raglan hoodie, that proudly identifies its wearer as a yarn h0.
yarn ho
yarn ho

my mom and sister gave me the same card i sent to someone just a month ago! it's that funny! (or they just know what i think is funny).
pigtails

and a pair of monkey flip flops.
monkey flip flops

and a pair of gardening gloves.
gardening gloves
you know, so i don't have to touch the dirt [shudder]

and, this is the amazing one, a copy of the long-out of print children's book heather's feathers.
heather's feathers

it was my favorite when i was little (i wonder why) and i used to check it out from smiley library all the time.

my favorite line (of which i may call for a re-enactment in my last class on wednesday):

and don't you forget it.
"aren't we lucky to have heather in our class!" said the teacher.

"oh, yes!" shouted everyone.
copies of this book, much less NEW copies of this book are hard to come by and costly, and i love it to bits and smithereens.

projectile crying

so distraught she's flinging tears from her eyes

comfort in the lap of a poorly dressed hippo

hippos need fashion help.

and i baked a lemonylemon cake and bought a vacuum. woot!

thanks everyone - it was lovely.

4 comments:

Anonymous Sunday, May 28, 2006 2:19:00 am  

I am so glad you had lemon cake.

Anonymous Sunday, May 28, 2006 2:55:00 am  

I am not so glad you cut your fingers.

Anonymous Sunday, May 28, 2006 4:14:00 am  

OMG, my gift caused an injury?!?!? and possibly an insect problem?!? that was SO not supposed to happen. i swear that was not part of my bday gift for you...

Hello, It's Louise. Sunday, May 28, 2006 1:40:00 pm  

aw... broken IZZE is a TRAVESTY! Let's have a moment of silence for the fabulous fruit juice and sparkling water delights.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
That book is so cute...I always had a thing for Ferdinand the Bull. I think the library had to send me letters on several different occasions demanding the return of that book.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons