coming on summer - slip me some skin

my calla is plugging along.

if by plugging along you mean, i haven't worked on it in over a week. however on a whim, while i was waiting for my chinese food before class last wednesday, i went to jo-ann's and bought some royal blue lion brand microspun and decided to make another lelah.

the one i made last year out of microspun was my first lace. see?

lelah

and it was also before i wrapped my little brain around short rows. so the top portion is around 9 inches to accomodate my, ahem, parts. and the back is also around 9 inches, which means it looks ugly from behind. so a few days ago, i ripped it back with the intent of adding short rows.

and i started my new lelah in royal blue. this one is gonna be a halter.
Photo0221.jpg

this is my second attempt at the top - i had it about 70% finished this weekend when i realized my short rows were too low, too wide, and my halter straps were about the width of the kenai river. so i ripped it back, redid the short rows (and figured out if you pick up BOTH the wraps like it says in all the instructions for wrapped short rows anywhere it gets rid of the holes) with help from the big girl knits with their section on short rows (and how to take your nipple distance and your tasteful nipple distance - 2 inches wider than ND - so that the short rows don't terminate there). see my short rows?

Photo0222.jpg

god bless the camera phone.

and i'm taking votes on the ribbon color. i've had white and yellow suggested.

4 comments:

Chris Cope Monday, May 08, 2006 4:57:00 pm  

I don't understand any of this. I feel tired now.

Ashley Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:04:00 am  

I like the red tube top!!

littlegoat Tuesday, May 09, 2006 8:03:00 am  

white ribbon

Coffee-Drinking Woman Tuesday, May 09, 2006 10:45:00 pm  

Some greenish color ribbon (by which I mean a pretty green, not a puke green) for a marine color theme.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons