731 days ago

i moved into the tiny house section of this house in altitude city with the help of someone i haven't talked to since june of 2004 after a 1.5 day drive with a rowdy dog and some clothes that flew out of the back of someone else's truck somewhere in arizona.

if i remember correctly, i unloaded my crap from my friend's truck, tried to find somewhere to get food (traffic was awful on federal as it was the cinco de mayo crawl thingie), i was starving and it took me forever to find somewhere to eat. not knowing there was an amazing mexican restaurant around the corner from my house.

i dug out some blankets and a pillow, laid out on the only carpeted floor in my apartment and slept fitfully with my dog that first night. i believe i cried myself to sleep for reasons unrelated to the move, the apartment, or the city.

i've had the same address for two years. the last time that happened, um... i think it was the house i grew up in until i moved out to go to college 11 years ago.

whoa.

7 comments:

Rob Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:45:00 pm  

At 5' 2" , I'm not sure those ceilings are all that low....

Queue_t Wednesday, May 03, 2006 12:12:00 am  

when I first moved to Denver in '84 we lived at 36th and vrain, right behind the roller coaster at old eliches, we lived in a furnished " apartment" in the basement of the landlord's house. We never could get a parking spot in the summer time LOL, the celings there were about the same as you describe. and the landlords were a couple in their 80's who had nothing better to do all day than be nosey about what we did!

it is nice to stay put for a while too.

Chris Cope Wednesday, May 03, 2006 4:00:00 pm  

Since 1995, I have lived in 12 different places (I think that's right -- I may be forgetting one or two). Good times.

particleman Thursday, May 04, 2006 12:48:00 am  

wow. i though i moved a lot. seven places since 1998, and it's about to become nine later this summer (sub-lease for two months in another city, then come back and move).

jen Thursday, May 04, 2006 3:17:00 pm  

Hey there! So sad/happy that you found Lambshoppe! :) And your t twist is sooo cute! I love it.

Crystal Friday, May 05, 2006 4:56:00 pm  

ok, i just have to tell you that i am in love with ernie. i can tell he rocks just by lookin at him.

Erik Saturday, May 06, 2006 2:35:00 am  

good job, you're almost like me--3 cities in 30 years, so beat that!

wait a second, are you trying to be like me again?? it's all a little too coincidental...

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons