paper dolls

I am a paper dolls!
Find your own pose!

i am lining up my heros like big paper dolls...

let it be known, i am an enormously light sleeper. i don't think that i've ever slept through anything in my life before. it takes me forever to get used to a new sleeping situation - whether that be in a new apartment, having rearranged my furniture, staying over at someone's house, and it takes me days and days and days and days to be able to sleep through a night. that being said, i find it enormously comforting to have people sleep in my bed (no, not in that way) even if it means that i don't sleep. what i find terribly interesting is this description:

Paper Dolls Traits and Tendencies : Paper Dolls don't do well when separated; they need regular physical contact to keep in sync. If forced to remain apart for a stretch any longer than eight to ten hours, they can sometimes feel untethered, or even dizzy. But once reunited, all it takes is the simple brush of fingers, or a surreptitious foot-on-foot press under the table, and all is right with the Paper Dolls once again.
THAT is too true. i'm the sort of person that is very hands on. when watching a movie, when just passing through a room, when driving, i find myself sneaking contact and fleeting touches. i love to lay my head on chests, i love when heads are laid on mine. i frequently touch the back of a neck apropos of nothing. the pressing of one sock foot over another under the table. and that is what centers me.

i'm feeling the need to restrain myself right now because i have another post i want to do, but i know that 4 posts in one day after nothing in 4 days is pretty overwhelming. so i'll wait until later.

thanks, erin, for the link....

2 comments:

ed.k Tuesday, September 26, 2006 1:06:00 pm  

It's a regular postapalooza over here! I'm glad to hear you had a good weekend.

The Grunt Thursday, September 28, 2006 2:49:00 am  

This was funny. Alone, I sleep like a mummy then eventually I go all splayed out. I don't know what that means but it's true.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons