important enough to reiterate

okay, my unfortunate use of the word "pickles" in this post has led people to wonder whether the rabbit died. you know, if there's a bun in the oven. if i'm in a family way.

the answer is no, and shame on you* for wondering. the choice of the word pickles was of an inside joke with myself that is pretty esoteric. and i failed to forget that stereotypically, women crave pickles when they're knocked up. which, i cannot repeat enough, I AM NOT.


*except maryam, because i could never tell her shame on her, because she's too darn tootin' cute.

8 comments:

littlegoat Friday, September 08, 2006 4:28:00 pm  

ha ha. They thought you were knocked up.

If you ever have a child, I vow to call him or her "pickles" every chance I get.

particleman Friday, September 08, 2006 6:55:00 pm  

look, if you name it after me, make sure there is no hyphen or space in Particleman. it's one word, Particleman. thanks.

The Grunt Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:23:00 pm  

This is confusing, but I'm used to being confused. Pickles are a delight. I'm talking about honest to god pickles here, people.

Chris Cope Sunday, September 10, 2006 3:17:00 pm  

Ooh, you're moody. That's another sign of pregnancy.

Anonymous Sunday, September 10, 2006 4:40:00 pm  

Nice blog you got here.

Steve Sunday, September 10, 2006 8:18:00 pm  

I believe you, Heatherfeather.

Anonymous Monday, September 11, 2006 5:00:00 pm  

ah shucks.

ed.k Monday, September 11, 2006 11:12:00 pm  

Wow, I totally didn't make any sort of pregnancy connection...but maybe that's because I know you well enough to know that's not what you were talking about. That and I was so preoccupied with trying to put the Vlassic pickle bird into my comment that it didn't occur to me.

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons