send me on my way

FO!

boring FO pictures ahead! because i've had a loooooooooong 2 weeks month and it's too late for me to try to be footloose and fancy free in my photography!

rusted root 005


FO report:
pattern:
zephyr style's rusted root
yarn: brown sheep cotton fleece in sedona red
needles: US6 and US4
date started: maybe october 6, 2006?
date finished: october 14, 2006
pattern mods: ZERO extra increases (or subsequent decreases) in the sleeves so they wouldn't be poofy, but would instead be normal, top-down raglan sleeves. because i don't need extra puffiness in my sleeves. or any, really. i changed the bust decreases to be paired instead of done in the front and the back half as many times instead of only in the back twice as many times. i also added some hip increases because, um, hello, i have hips, but i don't really know that they were necessary. i also didn't do any ribbing on the collar because it goes WAY higher on my neck than i'm usually comfortable with as it is - although it may make it easier to wear a crew neck shirt under it.
notes, miscellany: fun pattern. what i liked about it is that as a top-down raglan (which can get deathly dull during the increase sections), the BOR is in h e middle of the bac, and the lace pattern was in the front section. basically, this broke up the monotony of it. pattern was well written, straightforward.

rusted root 003

i screwed up the lace pattern precisely one time and it's right over my bust, so it jumps out at me pretty drastically. and it's a good 10 inches from the bottom, so i'm not going back to fix it. i must live with it. if i can.

rusted root 006
rusted root 001
rusted root 002
rusted root 004

in these pictures, i've been wearing it all day (yay for handknits that get worn!) so it's a little stretched out and wrinkled in spots. it fits pretty well - for a top i was anticipating having zero ease, it has about 1-2 inches of ease, which works okay for this.

okay, i'm tired and in a bad mood, so nighty night internets.

6 comments:

littlegoat Monday, October 16, 2006 8:51:00 am  

I'm glad you didn't make the sleeve puffy. I was kind of wondering what you'd do with that when I looked at the pattern. You just never struck me as a puffy-sleeved chica.

It's beautiful.

RheLynn Monday, October 16, 2006 11:57:00 am  

The detail is beautiful! I always find the collar or edge of anything to be extremely hard - yours looks perfect from here!

Cathi Monday, October 16, 2006 12:52:00 pm  

Love it- I keep trying to decide if I should try to whip one out, since we have all of those warm days in winter, or if I should just wait for another few months.

And I stared and stared at your boobies, but didn't find an error.

heatherfeather Monday, October 16, 2006 4:30:00 pm  

littlegoat - i concur. and thanks. and i miss you!

rhelynn - thanks, but i assure you it's not perfect. in fact i've only ever knitted one thing that i wouldn't change a bit, and that's annie modesitt's lace corset top, and that's just because the pattern itself is flawless and genius!

cathi - well, then my evil plan worked. :) it was my hope to wear a long sleeved shirt underneath this top so i could rock it when it's cooler outside but i'm going to need to find a wide scoopneck or a boatneck shirt to wear under it because of the shape of the neckline. i'll keep you posted. i know, you're riveted.

particleman Monday, October 16, 2006 5:02:00 pm  

cool glasses. not sure i've seen those before. oh yeah, and nice sweater ;)

heatherfeather Tuesday, October 17, 2006 3:52:00 am  

my dear, those are the glasses known as the glam-a-ram-a-bling-dong glasses.

never forget them. :)

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons