The great Moth Invasion?

There are thousands of moths that hang out at twilight. There might be 12, there may be millions, what with my inability to visually estimate numbers, but there's WAY too many of them around these days. Last night I had to chase about 7 of them out via a complicated system of turning lights on and off in a path that led out the door. It makes me think of a line from an Ani song (just bought "Evolve" which won a grammy for cover design - part of which is feeding into my moth horror, so it's on my mind... review to follow):

and there's this moth outside my kitchen door
she's bonkers for that bare bulb
flying round in circles
bashing in her exoskull
and out in the woods she navigates fine by the moon
but get her around a light bulb and she's doomed

As far as what I think of the album, I still love what she does with the language and how she manipulates it to evoke great imagery and emotion.... but I just don't like where she's been headed musically the past 4-5 years... It's just a preference, but so much of her music embodies the contemporary/avant garde New Orleans Jazz sound that just drives me insane... So, right now, I'm an advocate of her progression of a musician, her poetic brilliance, but not a huge musical fan these days.

Anyhow, it's hot today. Yesterday I went to the People's Fair and roamed around. It turns out I don't think that's fun when alone. But I got some sunshine on my shoulders and the early awakenings of a tan... but that's not all that tricky for me to do.

No job. Not much new. Wait! I got my hair cut and colored this weekend and finally put my caramel stripes around. It took FOREVER (she was sort of new, but really good at what she does)... around 3 hours. But as I had very few other plans, it was all good.

I am trying to evolve...
I'm just trying to evolve...

1 comments:

Anonymous Tuesday, June 08, 2004 1:40:00 am  

Put a picture of you on here. I want to see your hair. Moths are annoying. The turning on and off lights thing was funny. I love you lots and God Bless, Trina

About this blog

erratically updated for food, yarn, or other nonspecified reasons